What Are the Services Provided by an Emergency Dentist?
Dental emergencies are conditions that require immediate attention to save your tooth or ease pain. They are conditions that your dentist has to attend to else they lead to permanent and irreversible conditions. The irreversible damages will have to undergo expensive and more complicated treatments.
You should not ignore any dental problem. However, at Dr. Teeth Dental Care, we consider only certain cases as dental emergencies. These cases are:
A toothache becomes unbearable sometimes. However, some people will take only painkillers and ignore the problem. It is advisable to consult with your dentist to identify the cause of the pain. Your dentist will also contain the problem.
The pain may not be just a toothache. It can originate from other issues, especially if the pain originates from the same area. Painkillers will only provide a temporary solution to the problem. When you consult with your dentist, he or she will diagnose the problem and offer proper treatment. Visit your dentist today and prevent any further complications.
You can fracture your tooth while playing contact sports or get involved in an accident. A fractured tooth causes a lot of pain and distress. Dentists do not consider a crack or chipping as an emergency. However, when there is a lot of pain and exposed dark parts, you should consider consulting with an emergency dentist.
You should treat a deep fracture that reaches the pulp with concern.
An emergency dentist in Katy, TX, considers a knocked-out tooth as an emergency. Dr. Hanuman Gade recommends that you should get to the dentist within an hour. If you can get to the dentist within the duration there is a big chance of saving the tooth.
An abscess is a pocket of pus that resembles a pimple. The abscess is a result of an infection. It is advisable for you to book an appointment immediately for emergency dental care in Katy, TX. If the abscess is not controlled in time, the infection will spread to other sites of the gum.
Profuse Bleeding on the Gums
Do you have gums that are bleeding excessively? Do not ignore the bleeding. Trauma in the gums can cause excessive bleeding. Try putting a cold compress on the bleeding area. If the bleeding does not stop, contact an orthodontist right away. The dentist might stitch the area that isbleeding and cauterize to stop the blood flow.
A Lost Crown or a Filling
A lost filling or crown can be painful and embarrassing. To avoid distress, consult with your dentist right away.
How to Proceed When Faced with a Dental Emergency
Do you have a dental emergency in Katy? To avoid further complications, you should follow some steps.
- Breathe in deeply. You need to calm yourself first before taking any action. Take a deep breath for you to be calm. A calm mind will aid you to evaluate the situation and help you proceed.
- Access the situation at hand. Stand in front of the mirror and check your mouth. If you can see the tooth, check whether the tooth is intact and proceed to the next step.
- Safely store your tooth. If you have a knocked-out tooth, ensure you pick the tooth and store it in milk. Bring it with you to the dentist’s office.
- Call your dentist right away. After you figure out what is the problem, call your dentist immediately. Set-up an appointment with the dentist for a dental examination and treatment right away. Ensure that you provide the dentist with comprehensive information about your situation.
How Can I Prevent a Dental Emergency?
To prevent yourself from facing a dental situation that requires urgent care, you should follow some precaution measures. Below are the precautions:
- Brush and floss your teeth regularly to remove plaque and tartar
- Do not play contact sports without a mouthguard
- Avoid using your teeth to rip wrappers
- Use fluoride toothpaste while brushing your teeth since fluoride strengthens your teeth
- Avoid biting on hard objects such as nails, pencils, and pens
- Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups
Do not wait until the situation becomes worse. Contact your emergency dentist right now in case you have a situation that requires urgent dental care.