If You Find Dentists and Dental Exams Scary, Fear No More
There are many reasons that you or your children may find the dentist office the scary place. Between billing, seeing a drill, and anticipating pain, going to the dentist and scheduling dental exams can be something very scary. However, having access to family dentistry that is affordable, keeps you and your family smiles healthy. This all begins with routine dental exams, and we believe that by understanding exactly what happened at these dental exams can help ease and calm your fears.
Basically, your local dental professional will perform a thorough inspection of your teeth and mouth. After the exam, we will discuss your dental health extensively. We may even touch on your risk of tooth decay and what kind of preventive measures we find to be the most helpful to you and your circumstances. Let’s take a look at a few more things that you can expect during your visit to the family dental clinic.
What to Expect During your Family Dental Clinic Exam
Aside from looking at your teeth and gums, your dentist will most likely look at and perform most or all of the following tasks:
- Ask about your health problems and get a list of your current medications
- Examine your mouth for any signs of oral cancer
- Check your jaw for bite problems
- Schedule a periodontal examination to check the extent of gum disease
- Perform a variety of dental X-rays
- Examine any prosthetic devices you have, such as dentures or bridges
- Discuss your diet and lifestyle habits that could be affecting your oral health
- Make dental impressions of your teeth
- Refer you to a dental specialist if necessary
- Discuss tooth replacement or any advanced dental procedures, if needed
- Develop a comprehensive treatment plan for existing dental problems
- Clean your teeth and remove stains
- Counsel you about correct brushing and flossing techniques
- Recommend a follow-up visit
These are just a few things that you can look forward to in the coming future at your dental exam.
Affordable Family Dentistry is the Way We Thank YOU!
By making Family Dentistry affordable, we show how important that your family’s health is. At Dr. Teeth in Katy, TX, we hope that you come and visit us in order to get your family’s health straight and your fears of the dentist he’s. If you would like to schedule a consultation appointment, we would be more than happy to do so if you contact us via phone or email. We can’t wait to meet you and your family!