Are you planning a complete smile makeover? Read this!
Everyone wants to make a good first impression. A beautiful smile can provide someone with the confidence to put his or her best foot forward. Several dental techniques in the market are a part of cosmetic dentistry that can help to enhance smile professionally. Apart from that, there are a few techniques that are modifications to a daily dental regimen that can guarantee an instant smile makeover at home. These are cost-effective.
Methods of Smile Makeover
- Cosmetic Dentistry
It is a professional method of oral care that caters to improving the appearance of the mouth, smile, and teeth. It helps to achieve a complete smile makeover. These methods are elective rather than essential. However, there are few techniques that are instilled with restorative benefits.
There are procedures in cosmetic surgeries that are simple and common and there are some procedures that are highly complex and require specialized maintenance.
Few of these techniques are:
- Dental Veneers- Veneers are specially customized for every patient to match their natural teeth. They are most commonly composed of medical- grade ceramic. The dentist cements the dental veneers to the front of the teeth with the help of an adhesive. Dental veneers can help to rectify an array of dental cosmetic problems like a crooked tooth, discolored teeth, and conspicuous gaps between two teeth, damaged or cracked enamel.
- Teeth Whitening- As time passes by, teeth become stained due to drinks, food, smoking or medications. Also called teeth bleaching, it is one of the most common techniques of cosmetic dentistry that can easily be performed at a dentist’s office.
The procedure is basic and is performed after debris, plaque and tartar is wiped off from the surface of teeth. This helps in restoring their natural appearance. The teeth can be further lightened by bleaching it. This can be performed at the comforts of an individual’s home by using a toothpaste that is designed to serve the purpose. However, this can take longer.
- Implants- These even though man-made are almost indistinguishable from the neighboring natural teeth. They have restorative benefits as they help to replace teeth after tooth loss. The procedure involves fitting a small titanium screw into the patient’s jaw at the location of the missing tooth. They are permanently secured into place after the supporting tissue and bone fuse to the implant. After the implants, diligent oral care has to be practiced to keep the implants healthy.
- Composite bonding- It refers to the restoration of discolored or damaged teeth using substances that is identical to the natural color of the teeth. The tooth decay particles are drilled out and then the composite is applied to the tooth surface. After this, sculpting is done before curing the substance with high-intensity light. This helps to cover the damaged part and instead gives the appearance of healthy teeth in its place. It is one of the cheapest techniques available to patients in cosmetic dentistry.
If an individual is willing to consider cosmetic dentistry, complete smile makeovers in Katy, TX options are available. It is important to find a cosmetic dentist who specializes in the option that the patient is interested in. Talking to family or friends or simply clicking on ‘dentists near me’ on a web browser can bring a good dentist to the individual’s notice.
- Smile Makeover at home
Cosmetic dentistry methods are expensive and time taking. They are sometimes painful and uncomfortable. Hence, several techniques can be practiced at home for a complete smile makeover. They are:
- Brushing with whitening toothpaste: These toothpastes contain abrasive matter that helps to remove maximum stains from the surface of the tooth.
- Modification of the flossing routine can not only help to achieve healthy gums and teeth but can also provide a beautiful smile.
- Some foods that can undo the effects of teeth whitening. They stain the teeth and should, therefore be avoided. Several beverages, fruits like raspberry or blueberry, pasta sauce and curry sauce can easily stain the teeth.
- Mouthwash can easily mask bad breath and ensure that your breath remains minty fresh by killing the bacteria responsible to bad breath.
Be it at home or at a dental office, an enhanced smile is worth the effort. So what are you waiting for? Head over to Dr. Teeth now.